Pet Urine Cleaning Services In Portsmouth, VA
Professional carpet cleaning services are a great way to remove pet stains and odors. As pet owners know, dried dog and cat urine is very difficult to remove. Not only that, but it will leave pet parents’ homes in Portsmouth, VA with a lingering odor. Not to mention, carpets that are not professionally cleaned annually need replaced more frequently. This is both very expensive and harmful for the environment. If you would like to hire a professional that has the knowledge and expertise to treat these stubborn stains, don’t hesitate to call Carpet Cleaning of Portsmouth today!
Get a Free Quote Now !
Best Rated Pet Urine Cleaning Services in Portsmouth, VA
When you hire Carpet Cleaning of Portsmouth, we will use a variety of the right tools and techniques to completely remove odors and treat stains caused by pet urine. Some of the most common tools and techniques we use for pet stain and odor removal are carpet shampooing, enzymatic cleaners, and professional strength cleaners that are both environmentally friendly and safe for your family and pets.
Additionally, we will often use special ultraviolet light detectors to locate all of the leftover cat urine deep within the carpet fibers, even if it’s not visible. This ensures that every trace of urine is removed from your carpets, allowing 100% of the odor to be removed from your home. This will leave your home with a pleasant scent and visitors won’t even know you have pets in your Portsmouth home.
Call Carpet Cleaning of Portsmouth today to schedule a free consultation so you can enjoy a home free of dog urine or cat urine odor.
Benefits of Urine Stain and Odor Removal Services
There are many benefits that come along with hiring a professional carpet cleaner for urine stains and odors. Just a few of the most important benefits include:
- Full removal of all traces of unpleasant odor on multiple surfaces (upholstery, rugs, and carpets)
- No damage to your carpet fibers or fabrics
- Quick and easy process – it typically takes 30 minutes or less to clean one room
- Long-lasting carpets that won’t need replaced as frequently
- A home that has a lasting fresh smell
How to Prepare for Pet Stain & Odor Removal Services
If you’re hiring a professional carpet cleaner, or are still deciding on it, there are a few things you can do to help prepare your home prior to their arrival. Just remember with any DIY carpet cleaning method, you must do proper research to make sure you’re using the right cleaning methods for the particular fabric you’re treating.
First, you can try to remove as much of the cat pee or dog pee as possible by yourself. Always remember to do a spot test first in a hidden area to avoid permanently damaging your carpets or any other soft surfaces.
You’ll want to gently blot the stain with dry paper towels and warm water, and then spray a small amount of diluted hydrogen peroxide or white vinegar onto the spot. You can also sprinkle baking soda onto the affected area, as this is a great odor eliminator. Don’t forget to wear gloves while using all cleaners to remove pet stains.
Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaning Method
- If you’re using hydrogen peroxide to aid in removing pet stains, first mix 4 tablespoons of peroxide and dilute it with 2 tablespoons of warm water. Then blot it into the carpet with a paper towel. Blot until the affected area is completely dry.
Baking Soda Cleaning Method
- If you’re using the baking soda method, first sprinkle the baking soda on the affected area using no more than one cup, then vacuum it up after five minutes.
- You should repeat this process to the stained area as many times as necessary as an odor eliminator.
White Vinegar Cleaning Method
- Add one part white vinegar and three parts water to a spray bottle and spray the vinegar solution over the stain to remove pesky odors and stains.
- Allow the vinegar to sit for a few minutes, then use a wet/dry vacuum cleaner to dry the wet spot completely. If you don’t have a wet/dry vacuum, blot the affected area with a dry paper towel until the spot is completely dry.
- Always remember to never use a steam cleaner since the hot temperature from a steam cleaner will permanently adhere the urine odor to the carpet fibers.
Purchasing Professional Cleaning Agents
- If there is still a stain present, you can always buy a professional enzymatic cleaner to remove any set in stains. There are many available online or at your local hardware store. Be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and test in a hidden area first.
Once you have done all that you can to absorb the odors and remove stains, it’s time to call a professional. We will use our professional equipment and expertise to get your home smelling and looking brand new again. Your home will smell so good, people won’t even know you’re a pet owner!
What to Expect During a Professional Pet Urine Removal
Professional carpet cleaners typically start the cleaning process by pre-treating any areas that are particularly soiled. We then will use a variety of the proper tools and techniques to clean the stain, including shampooing, dry cleaning, or enzyme treatment. After we have finished, we often use special ultraviolet light detectors to locate any of the remaining unseen pet stains.
After the professionals have finished the job, you can place a few fans in the cleaned rooms to help speed up the drying process. Make sure you avoid walking on your freshly cleaned carpet and don’t let your pets on the carpet until it is completely dry. Walking on a freshly cleaned wet carpet will cause it to attract dirt and re-soil quickly.
If you’ve had your carpets professionally cleaned, but you’re still noticing strong cat urine smells, you may need to have the carpets professionally deodorized. This is a specialized service that is not always included in most standard carpet cleaning packages, so be sure to ask about it beforehand!
Contact us Today to get a Free Estimate!
Besides ammonia, pet urine contains hormones, nitrogen, bacteria, and uric acid. The combination of these two factors can result in a lingering odor, even after ordinary cleaning methods have been used. Annual professional cleaning is therefore necessary in order to restore your home to its peak condition. Also, if you’re considering getting a puppy or kitten, pet urine should be thoroughly removed beforehand. If a pet finds lingering urine smells, they will likely urinate in the same area. No matter the circumstance, Carpet Cleaning Of Portsmouth is ready to serve you!